At The Service Companies, we care deeply about the health and welfare of our employees, our clients and their guests. We are monitoring the spread and reported incidents of novel coronavirus (COVID-19) across the country on an hourly basis and the impact it may have on each of you, our clients and the communities in which we operate.
Please refer to the CDC recommendations (bit.ly/tsccdc) and OSHA’s guidelines on preparing workplaces (http://bit.ly/tscosha), and watch this video from the World Health Organization (bit.ly/tscwhovideo) for current guidelines on preventing the spread of COVID-19 in communities and what to do if you are sick. Prevention recommendations include:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Follow CDC’s recommendations for using a facemask.
- CDC does not recommend that people who are well wear a facemask to protect themselves from respiratory diseases, including COVID-19.
- Facemasks should be used by people who show symptoms of COVID-19 to help prevent the spread of the disease to others. The use of facemasks is also crucial for health workers (bit.ly/tschealthworkers) and people who are taking care of someone in close settings (bit.ly/tschomecare) at home or in a health care facility.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
In the event of an incident at one of our clients’ locations, we will follow the guidelines set forth in TSC’s pandemic response plan in coordination with the appropriate authorities and leadership team at the location.
If you have any questions or need anything, please speak with your Supervisor or designated Human Resources Director.
*Note: We are actively updating this page. Please check back for regular updates on our Coronavirus response.