Trade your traditional gingerbread cookies for our soft molasses cookies. With familiar seasonal flavors of cinnamon and clove, these cookies will pair perfectly with some eggnog, coquito, or kremas at your holiday celebration!
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
1. Heat oven to 325°F
2. In large bowl, beat brown sugar, shortening, molasses and egg with electric mixer on medium speed, or mix with spoon. Stir in remaining ingredients except granulated sugar.
3. Shape dough by rounded tablespoonfuls into 1 1/2-inch balls. Dip tops into granulated sugar.
4. On ungreased cookie sheet, place balls, sugared sides up, about 2 inches apart.
5. Bake 13 to 16 minutes or just until set and cookies appear dry. Immediately remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack.
The Service Companies cleans, services, and maintains hotels, casinos, corporate cafeterias, universities, schools, stadiums, and commercial facilities. Whether you are interested in our services for your facility or are interested in joining our team, we look forward to working with you.
Leave a Reply