Spring has arrived and we’ve got the perfect recipe to make use of the delicious fruit coming into season. Chef Jesus Martinez-Garcia’s blueberry citrus muffin recipe is easy, bursting with bright flavors and the perfect springtime treat. Chef Jesus works at our client’s corporate cafeteria in Seattle where his dishes always put a smile on our client’s employee’s faces!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1/2 orange (juice and zest)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Powdered sugar
- Mix the sugar, butter and juice from the orange until well whipped together. Then add in the eggs and vanilla, continuing to mix together well.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, and salt. Pour in the butter-sugar mixture and stir together. Add the milk and continue to stir until there are no dry bits of flour.
- Pour the blueberries and orange zest in and briefly mix in while smashing some of the blueberries.
- In a muffin pan lined with paper muffin cups, scoop in the batter to fill the cups about 2/3 of the way full.
- In an oven preheated to 375°, put the muffins in the center rack and bake for about 22-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for about ten minutes.
- Place muffins on a serving platter and sprinkle with some powdered sugar. Serve and enjoy!