Finish off your winter holiday baking with the delicious seasonal flavors in Chef Emily Gingery’s Gingerbread Muffins with Vanilla Bean Glaze. With six easy steps and tons of flavor, this recipe will certainly start your morning off right.
- 2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup dark molasses
- 1 cup cold water
Vanilla Bean Glaze
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean powder
- 1 tablespoon whole milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a standard muffin tin with muffin cups, coat with nonstick baking spray.
- Combine flour, baking soda, ginger, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl, then whisk together. Set aside.
- Place butter and sugar in a bowl and then beat on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add eggs, beating each addition, then add molasses. Scrape down the sides as needed and beat until well mixed.
- Carefully add half of the dry ingredients to the bowl, then combine slowly. Add remaining dry ingredients, scrape down the side, and beat until thoroughly mixed. With the mixer on low, add the cold water. Continue to beat for 2 minutes, or until mixture is very smooth.
- Divide batter evenly between muffin cups, about 3/4 full. Bake for 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the muffin comes out clean. Let muffins cool for 10 minutes in the pan, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- While muffins are cooling, make vanilla bean glaze. Combine confectioners’ sugar, vanilla bean powder, and milk in a small bowl. Whisk, adding in a little more milk, 1 teaspoon at a time until you reach your desired consistency. Drizzle glaze on top of muffins.