We would not be able to provide quality service without the help of our dedicated associates. That is why we have created a work culture that is built on the foundation of associate recognition, celebrations, and engagement. This Thanksgiving, we are sharing some expert tips on how you can give thanks to the associates who work hard to make your business thrive. Want to know the best part about the following tips? They can be used each day throughout the year to recognize a job well done!
- A day does not go by without employees giving their all. It is all about leaders giving back and recognizing that hard work as often as possible.
- When guests share positive feedback, or a great service rating, spend time researching who made that possible.
- Always post and share customer compliments with your team. Take it a step further by including the associates’ photo and highlight details about the recognition.
- Write a personalized note of appreciation. A simple “thank you” is great, though, be specific in how they made a positive impact. We expect employees to be detailed with their work, so we should be detailed with their feedback.
- We all love a surprise treat now and then. Keep some goodie bags handy for that perfect moment to make someone’s day. You can always drop in your personalized note to make it extra special.
- Some accomplishments happen without a manager noticing. Encourage associates to share and acknowledge other team members whenever possible by creating a post-it board for their notes.
- Recognize their special dates outside of work such as work anniversaries or birthdays. More importantly, if they’re working that day, go out of your way to make the day extra special.
- Utilize every outlet to share recognition and congratulate team members. At The Service Companies, our leaders have several opportunities to share successes and engage in employee recognition by participating in the following:
- Mandatory pre-shift meetings each day
- Weekly recognition in SHINE on You through our company wide SHINE on Shift email
- #TeamMemberTuesday across our Social Media platforms
- Monthly recognition of our Top Performers through inspection and incentive programs
- Quarterly In-brief newsletter
- Annually through our company wide President’s Awards
- With all recognition, be consistent! Morale can easily decline the moment you forget someone’s special day or don’t recognize a team member’s achievements.
For more information about how we focus on associate engagement to create a positive work culture at each property, visit https://www.theservicecompanies.com/contact/.
Laurie Katinos is one of the leading hospitality operations directors. Her expertise in housekeeping operations spans over 20 years, with the majority of her time spent with Hyatt Hotels Corporation and The Service Companies. Her knowledge and operations savvy has contributed to The Service Companies becoming the unrivaled provider of cleaning, staffing and managed services in the hospitality industry.